...that I promised like a month ago? Well, it's still delicious. It's vegan and protein-packed. It's cheap and easy to make. Perfect for vegan college students who don't live entirely off of Taco Bell.
Here it is, lovies.
Vegan Chickpea Sandwich Stuffing:
(Makes 2-3 servings)
1c canned chickpeas, rinsed, peeled, and mashed
1 celery stalk, diced
1T diced red onion
1 mini sweet pickle, diced
1T spicy mustard
1T honey mustard
1T yellow mustard
1T Veganaise (more honey mustard would work if you want a less processed mix)
1t creole seasoning
sprinkle of black pepper
sprinkle of dill
1. Drain and rinse your chickpeas.
2. Remove skins. (this is optional but I highly recommend it.)
3. Microwave the peeled chickpeas for about 45 seconds-1 minute to make mashing easier. (If you have a food processor, this step may be skipped but I have a bowl and a fork....and a microwave.)
4. Dice celery, onion, and pickle. mix into mashed chickpeas.
5. Add spices, mustards, and veganaise and mix until combined.
This will keep in the fridge up to a week.
It is great on sandwiches, salads, crackers, and veggies!