12 July 2011

Antoinette's Revolution Cosmetics Review

I recently ordered six eyeshadows from ARC cosmetics and I love them so much that I am going to do a review.

Edit: I forgot to say that ARC is cruelty free (no animal testing) but not vegan. This means that some shadows may contain parts of beetle shells, little red shrimp, or other such creatures. The eyeshadows are clearly marked "vegan" or "not vegan" so you can buy only vegan if you wish.

I believe I first saw this brand on Beauty's Bad Habit blog. I was immediately drawn to the brand for these reasons:
1. Cruelty free indie makeup is my favorite.
2. I love anything French.
3. I love anything morbid.
4. I love History.
I bought six sample jars to test out the colors. I am going to order some more samples and at least one full size soon.

Upon first opening the package, the personal touches of indie brands were obvious.
I love the addition of the personalized message, ribbon, and pin.
The jars were also very well packaged to prevent loose shadow explosions in the mail.
They were in a plastic bag, shrink wrapped, AND had paper sifter seals.

Now, paper sifter stickers can be a pain. Ever tried to remove a bar code sticker from something and just end up with shreds of paper and a sticky mess? My solution is tweezers.
Gently pull the edge and it should come off clean.

Swatch time:
Duchess, Liaisons, Louis
Velvet Rose, Gangrene, Patina
I used Velvet Rose on my lid and Ladies in Waiting (free sample) to blend it out. Velvet Rose is such an amazing color. It almost becomes a different shade where it is blended out (difficult to photograph) so fewer shades are needed to create a fantastic look with it!
I love all sorts of reds and oranges (probably because of my hair). I know a lot of people think reds will make them look ill or dead but with a bit of eyeliner the crypt look fades. I've always liked the eerie look of reds alone, though.
See? I don't look dead. Dead people don't smile.

I love this company and I love watching them come out with new colors (usually one every week). Check them out!

No comments:

Post a Comment