31 July 2010

Adventuresome

This morning, we headed out for a picnic. After about an hour of twisty mountain driving we reached our destination. I was feeling slightly ill but ready for the fun ahead.

We wandered down the path...
...of poison ivy.
And came to the river...
...where I illegally snatched this rock.
When we got back to the tables it was about 9:00. You know what that means: Kittie ate a snack.
I munched on these while reading Cosmo.
Just for tradition's sake:
We hung out for a while and then right as the grill was ready to use, it started raining. My dad grilled in the rain while we sat in the van watching him because he wanted the charcoal taste on his burgers. We waited in the van for a while but the rain wasn't letting up so we trucked it back home. This delayed lunch 1.5 hours but it turned out alright.

Once home we assembled our planned eats. I had this all packed up:
Leftover tofu sandwich makings and....
....some Food Should Taste Good sweet potato chips.
Wow....is all I have to say. I haven't had chips in quite some time but I think these are the best I've ever had....mind. blown.

My assembled sammie:
I put the two sides together but then it wasn't as pretty. Jicama on the side.

There was one more adventure in my afternoon. It was time for my snack. I had a Kashi bar planned. But what's this? I am sort of dreading the packaged feel of the bar....and....wait, is that a craving. Hold the press. I am identifying a craving? Oh god...this wasn't planned. So you want oats...in the middle of the afternoon? Well....well okay, let's make this happen.
And I did and it was so good.

I had all sorts of mealtime mix ups today and you know what? It's alright.

2 comments:

  1. Awww, girl, it's great that you were able to mix up your meals :) I know it feels weird in the beginning, but the more you do it, the more normal it will feel, and it'll be quite a liberating thing as well.

    Oh, and a bowl of oats make the perfect afternoon snack. I enjoy some at least a few times a week. They're great with some chocolate melted in and a bit of yogurt on the side. Ooo that just might be on the menu for tomorrow ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love the little pond thingy just before the river! thats so mystical <3 hehe

    sweet potato chips = to die for <3 YUM!

    btw something tells me that rock may hold some magical powers :)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete