(Note that The Colonel has never been that shiny...or parked in the grass on an incline leading to a pond...)
The Colonel died today.....not once, not twice, not three but four times he died. The last time was in the parking lot of the auto repair shop that was a mile away from the first place he died. It took the poor thing an hour to make it a mile. :( When I finally had a friend bring me back to campus there were some things that needed to be done:
1. Bump the air up, turn on the fan, and take off your skinny jeans that you are currently bound to via sweat.
2. Change out of the clothes you've been in since Friday morning.
3. Wash your face, brush your teeth, and fix your lion's mane of hair.
4. Realize it's one in the afternoon and you haven't eaten.
When I skip breakfast (which almost never happens) I feel like something is missing from my day so lunch has to be brunchy. It was.
Wolverine and Paddington bear helped cheer me up.
Cottage cheese & fruit, egg whites & nutritional yeast, ketchup & mustard, Apple bran muffin.
And because breakfast is my favorite, my snacks often resemble it also.
Kashi Honey Sunshine & Kashi Honey H2H with dried figs, cinnamon, and almond milk on my Hello Kitty blanket. (Fact: I like Kashi H2H because it looks like cat food. I'm serious.)
I'm just gonna keep rolling with breakfast and show you what you've missed in my absence.
Carrot Cake Oats:
- 1/2 c rolled oats
- 1 c water
- 1/2 t vanilla
- 1/4 t ginger
- 1/8 t nutmeg
- 1/2 t cinnamon
- Sweetener and salt to taste
- 1/4 c Carrot shreds (from the salad bar) microwaved for 5 minutes or until tender
- Vanilla yogurt covered raisins
- Coconut Butter
Speaking of decadent, why not chocolate for breakfast?
Autumn Inspired Oat Bran:
- Dark Chocolate Covered Pomegranate seeds
- Almond butter
Oops. I did it again:
- 1/2 c oats
- 1 c water
- 1/4 c frozen blueberries
- 1 T wheat bran
- 1 T TJ's Tempting trail mix, the good part (aka only the chocolate, pb chips, and cashews)
And last but not least, I have discovered the perfect formula for having cereal for breakfast that keeps me satisfied until lunch.
- Use at least one type of cereal that is heavy on the fiber and one that is lower in fiber for bulk. (Here I used Brown Sugar Oatmeal Squares and Kix)
- Use yogurt not skim milk or almond milk, I need the extra protein to stay full. (I used 1/4 c Blackberry CarbMaster)
- Add nuts not nut butter. (Slivered almonds are my favorite.)
- Add Wheat Bran or Wheat Germ (Wheat Bran used here.)
- Add fruit for deliciousness and fiber/bulk. (Frozen blueberries were what I had)