17 July 2010

The Blog Life

Last night my dad said to me:
"I guess you won't be blogging once you get back to school."
"Why do you say that?"
"Well, you won't be baking and cooking all day."
"So?"
"What will you blog about?"
"What I eat, what I concoct."
*Blank stare*
"What?"
"Who wants to read that?"
"Foodies. We're insane."
"....you have an obsession with food."
"Yes."
LOL
I showed him food blogs that I read daily. He often said things like "But that's just her breakfast." Yes, I know but it may give me ideas...or just make me hungry..and on some level I just want to know what people eat. What can I say, I like food.

How much do I like food? Enough to show you pictures of my lovely breakfast:
Mmmm. Whole wheat pancakes.
Secret: I hate pancakes.
Fact: I like one kind of pancakes, IHOP's harvest nut and grain pancakes.
New Fact: I like these as well.

I made these with:
1/3 c whole wheat flour
1 Tbsp ground flax seed
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 Tbsp cinnamon yogurt
1/4 c unsweetened almond milk
2 egg whites
vanilla
Frozen blueberries

They made 4 pancakes that were 1/4c batter each.

Dad ate one. He said "They taste healthy."
I like 'em that way. Add sweetener if you like 'em that-a way.

And because I bake things that I never show you, I present some awful good banana mush:
That turned into batter:
And baked into bread:
Ooooh, Aaaah.
I used the recipe on .seek. but made some changes due to my lack of ingredients.:
Whole Wheat flour, not spelt
Cinnamon yogurt, not Greek
2 defrosted bananas, 1 ripe
Smart Balance, not coconut butter
I sprinkled with chopped walnuts

I think it is really good. I don't like things that are too sweet so it is perfect for me. My dad seemed to like it as well. (I think he thinks I'm secretly turning him into a healthbot too.)

Those pancakes held me over well into lunch and when one o'clock rolled by I was finally hungry. I ate a crack wrap:
Good lord that was good.
Okra fries, yeah, they're good too.
In the wrap:
American cheese
Spicy hummus
Onion

I was running around this afternoon so when I got back I had a bowl off my home made granola, yogurt, blueberries, and almond milk in my new Horton Hears a Who bowl! (With a jungle spoon..)
Yum!

Dinner came in the form of cuteness.
Onigiri made from leftover sushi rice, decorated with nori...
...and filled with mashed avocado.
Secret #2: I adore nori. I eat it on its own.
I had [almond] milk and cookies for dessert. Nom.

1 comment:

  1. ph, the outside world just doesnt get us foodies huh!! its kind of funny to hear how some people react to the idea of a food blog!

    but how can u not want to drool over stuff like your HORTON HEARS A WHO BOWL!! YUMMY! <3

    ReplyDelete