16 July 2010

P.C.O.

I'm sick.
Blek.
I didn't go on my bike ride today because of what I am assuming is a head cold.
Runny nose, sore throat, cough, sneeze, aches, tiredness, headache....blah.

Since I'm eating new things for breakfast this week I decided to try savory oats. But I was scared. Oh, so terrified of this strange new take on my beloved oats. Last night I chickened out. I decided I wouldn't have time for oats so I'd have something else. It was an excuse but one that was violently struck down by the time I woke unable to bike.

I wasn't going anywhere. I wasn't in a hurry. And I was hungry. I wanted oats. I just wanted my classic oats. Alright, I'll go for it. I'm doin' it. This is happening.
There we go....it was tolerable. Not preferable.
I made oats with an egg cooked in with tahini on top and spinach.
Actually, it reminded me of the oats my mom used to make for me. This is the reason I didn't like oats until this year. So...um...yeah.

I know that picture sucked. This one sucks more but I'm sick so you forgive, right?
All I wanted was hot tea. I curled up on the couch and sat for quite some time.

Around lunch time I set out some Sprouted Ezekiel to thaw:
Forgive me for the earlier bad photos because frozen bread sparkles?
This sandwich was really yummy and really simple.
Mustard
Laughing cow
Salt
Pepper
Spinach
Tomato
Heated on the George Foreman as always.

Today I had another Kashi bar but a different kind:
Oh goodness. That was yummy. I didn't want it end. (The Sierra Mist + sippy cup are a tradition for sickness. They help in the calming of mind department.)

Do you want to know what P.C.O. is?
Pizza. Corn. and Okra.
"What???"
Oh yeah, baby.
Say it:
"Patza,coarn,n'okruh" (I'm from the South...)
Every single Friday for the entirety of my high school career. That's four years. Every Friday we ate rectangular pizza, fried okra, and butter soaked frozen corn.
When I went vegan...I ate fried okra. (Sort of really glad I don't have to deal with sparse vegetarian school food anymore.)

Once again, my take on a (good?) thing:
I baked the okra at 400 degrees for about 15-20 minutes, sprinkled with salt and pepper.
That was so much better than fried okra. I always extracted the okra and had a pile of skins on my plate leftover.
Oh yeah, look at that feta.
For the pizza I filled and topped a wrap with marinara then added spinach, tomato, onion, string cheese, feta, and pineapple.
Baked at 350 for 20-25 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment