19 August 2010

Glorious Creations

I really must share with you two things.
First, baked caramel apple oats:
I don't know why it took me this long to bake my oats. Just in time to move into the dorm. :(

Baked Caramel Apple Oats:
1/2 c rolled oats
1 c liquid (I use water)
1/2 a medium sized apple, chopped
Dashes of:
Cinnamon
Nutmeg
Cloves
Ginger, ect.
Mix Bake at 350 F for 15-20 minutes
Top with:
dried coconut
Butterscotch chips (I'm sure caramel chips exist somewhere, I just had the other)
Almond butter or other nut butter
Soooo decadent.

Second, Creamy Baked Peanut butter Banana Oats:
"I thought you hated peanut butter?" Usually, but every so often this need for a reminder of childhood sneaks up on me.

Creamy Baked Peanut Butter Banana Oats:
1/4 c rolled oats
1/4 c oat bran
1 c liquid (water, milk, ect.)
1/2 banana
Crunchy PB
Creamy PB
Raisins or craisins

Mash 1/2 of the banana with some crunchy PB, add the raisins, oats, and liquid.
Bake for 15 minutes, add the other half of the banana in slices on top.
Bake 5 more minutes
Remove and add some creamy PB on top.
Ta-Da.

1 comment:

  1. I remember the first time I baked my oats as well... I honestly couldn't believe it took me so long to do it! Sorry that you only found them on the brink of having to go back to school, but unbaked oats are delicious as well...

    Caramel and apple.... Oooo yes please.

    ReplyDelete