18 August 2010

Is it possible...

...to see the difference this soon? It's been three days and already I can read chapters of a book at a time without getting confused, taking a break, or reading without really getting the words. I'm getting my mind back. To me, my mind is as important (trying to make it more important) than my ED. I take pride in the fact that I love to learn. I've been dying to go back to school because even when I am in a daze, I need to be learning. Learning is what makes life worth it for me. Without books and information life is just static, it is unmoving. I listen to the news on my bike rides because I want to know.

Speaking of my rides, I took one yesterday morning and I felt a difference. So soon? Apparently. I didn't think I was going to die. It was still a shorter, hour long ride but I wasn't about to pass out.
Before the ride I had half a frozen banana filled with almond butter.
Then an Ezekiel English muffin with sun butter, agave, and jam.
Other good eats have included a veggie burger wrap.
With smooshed avocado, my favorite.
Cherries and a Luna bar.
And the best home made pizza I've had in a while.
Pita with almond cheese, too much sauce, and tons of veggies.

I made Channa Masala last night:
Hearty enough that my brother didn't complain about the lack of meat (too much).

1 comment:

  1. Isn't it amazing just how big of a difference nourishment can make in our lives? Kind of makes you wonder what the hell you were thinking before, forcing yourself to restrict, doesn't it?

    I remember when I was in the depths of my ED, my mind was lost in a complete fog. I couldn't read. I couldn't concentrate. I couldn't remember anything. I couldn't gather up enough focus to do anything besides think about food or cook... horrible way to live. When I began eating more, the fog began to fade, and I could finally start doing some of the things I loved.

    It only gets better girl, so keep going! Seriously, the good far outweighs the bad...

    ReplyDelete